Sexual assault survivors Rights
Survivors of sexual assault have many RIGHTS
- To be treated with respect and dignity.
- To be assured of confidentiality.
- To be allowed freedom of choice regarding decisions that affect your life.
- To be made aware of all the medical, legal, and social service options available.
- To be made aware of and to receive medical and counseling services whether or not the crime is reported to the police.
- To be safe from further harm.
- To be treated without prejudice regarding race, class, life-style, ability, or age.